E3 this week!!
If you’ve followed this blog for awhile, you know I love me some video games, especially E3 week (see here). I’ll try to catch up on the press conferences once I’m home from work, and give my thoughts like I did last year. For those of you who don’t give a damn, I’ll be sure to put in a jump so I don’t take up too much of your dashboards. As for things I’m looking forward to and what I’m expecting, here’s some early bulletpoint thoughts, cause bulletpoints are my fave.
- I don’t think we’ll get GTAV news, cause they don’t need E3 anymore, but wow do I want some news on it. I could see Microsoft or Sony trying to pay a pretty penny to close their presser with an exclusive trailer and a timed DLC exclusivity deal like Xbox had on GTA4 or Call of Duty.
- Both Sony and Microsoft have said their next console won’t be at E3. I hope this is true. I know everybody likes the thought of shiny new toys, but I’d much rather wait about 2 more years before they come out. Looking at some of the games that have come out in the last two years, I feel like developers are only just now getting the most out of this generation of consoles. Plus, the 1st 18 months or so of new consoles is usually full of mediocre games, because nobody knows what the tech can do yet. I’m probably alone here, but, it is what it is.
- I’m very interested to see how Nintendo plays the WiiU this year. Last year’s unveiling and news since has gotten…mixed reactions at best. Some of the tech sounds cool, but it looks like the console is just catching up to this generation, not really having much power beyond it. We’ll also see if Nintendo decides to finally get a system going with better online multiplayer. They had a few games that would work, but Friend Codes was one of the dumbest things of all time.
- I of course want to see more about Black Ops 2. I’m intrigued by the branching storyline and different ways to play they’ve talked about so far. Black Ops 1 had a great single player campaign, but I didn’t like the multiplayer cause the maps were terrible.
- While I was sad Bioshock:Infinite got delayed, I bet we should see some cool stuff this year.
- Can’t wait for some more Assassin’s Creed: American Ownage info.
- I haven’t seen a ton about this game yet, but Dishonored looks freaking amazing. Check out the first trailer here.
- I’m expecting a lot of time to be spent on things I don’t really care about. Nintendo and Sony both have handhelds that haven’t sold nearly what they want. I’d bet good money that the Vita gets a price cut. Microsoft will surely try to keep pushing Kinect, but should stick mostly to software I think. Halo 4 most likely getting plenty of lip service.
Besides that, who knows? That’s half the fun of this week, having games come out of nowhere to look awesome. Here’s hoping there are plenty of awesome things to wait for. What are you kids looking forward to/hoping to see?